Knife pulled on couple in armed car-jacking at Norfolk beauty spot
- Credit: Archant © 2008
Police are investigating an armed car-jacking at a woodland car park on New Year's Eve.
Two suspects reportedly pulled a knife on a couple who were in the car park at Fritton Woods, also know as Waveney Forest, at around 7-7.30pm.
They were ordered out of the car and the suspects then drove off in their Vauxhall Astra, registration plate AY58 HFN.
A police spokesman said it was believed the suspects were also responsible for a burglarly in nearby New Road just before the car-jacking when electrical items were stolen from a house.
The location of the Astra is a police priority.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area between the times stated, or anyone with information, should contact DC Beth Burton at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages