Dev Patel seen wandering down Norfolk street for major movie adaptation
- Credit: Claire Coupland
Film crews are packing up their gear after two days of filming in King's Lynn.
Scenes for Armando Iannucci's David Copperfield were filmed in various locations around the historic port town, including the Purfleet Quay beneath the Custom House.
The historic quarter of King's Lynn was transformed into a Dickensian film set for movie, which stars Oscar-nominated actor Dev Patel.
Playing the titular character, the star was seen wandering down Nelson Street in Lynn in drab Victorian-style clothing.
The major movie production has been shooting scenes in different locations across the region, including Weybourne beach and Bury St Edmunds.
Chairman of the King's Lynn Community Cinema Club said the county's natural setting made for iconic scenes, including the final scene of the 1999 film Shakespeare in Love in which Gwyneth Paltrow strolls along Holkham beach.
'It has an impact on tourism,' he added. 'The open spaces in Norfolk provides a lot of potential for film.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 10 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route