Dev Patel seen wandering down Norfolk street for major movie adaptation
- Credit: Claire Coupland
Film crews are packing up their gear after two days of filming in King's Lynn.
Scenes for Armando Iannucci's David Copperfield were filmed in various locations around the historic port town, including the Purfleet Quay beneath the Custom House.
The historic quarter of King's Lynn was transformed into a Dickensian film set for movie, which stars Oscar-nominated actor Dev Patel.
Playing the titular character, the star was seen wandering down Nelson Street in Lynn in drab Victorian-style clothing.
The major movie production has been shooting scenes in different locations across the region, including Weybourne beach and Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the King's Lynn Community Cinema Club said the county's natural setting made for iconic scenes, including the final scene of the 1999 film Shakespeare in Love in which Gwyneth Paltrow strolls along Holkham beach.
'It has an impact on tourism,' he added. 'The open spaces in Norfolk provides a lot of potential for film.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success