Argos store in Castle Mall to close next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The Argos shop in the Castle Mall shopping centre in Norwich is to close next week.
Signs outside the store state: 'Store closing Saturday March 17. Don't worry we're never far away. Find us in St. Stephens Street and Riverside Retail Park.'
In January it was revealed that the shop would be closing in three months.
At the time a spokesperson for Argos said: 'The decision to close a store is never taken lightly.
'We constantly review our estate to ensure that we have the right stores in the right locations for our customers and we are proposing to close our store at Norwich Castle Mall.
You may also want to watch:
'We will make every effort to support our colleagues in finding alternative roles wherever possible.'
Argos was acquired by Sainsbury's in September 2016, and a number of stores have been moved into supermarkets across the country. Last year the Thetford town centre store closed and relocated to inside a nearby Sainsbury's supermarket.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
Other Argos stores in the county include Longwater Retail Park, Great Yarmouth Market Place and King's Lynn New Conduit Street.