Argos store in Castle Mall to close next week
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
The Argos shop in the Castle Mall shopping centre in Norwich is to close next week.
Signs outside the store state: 'Store closing Saturday March 17. Don't worry we're never far away. Find us in St. Stephens Street and Riverside Retail Park.'
In January it was revealed that the shop would be closing in three months.
At the time a spokesperson for Argos said: 'The decision to close a store is never taken lightly.
'We constantly review our estate to ensure that we have the right stores in the right locations for our customers and we are proposing to close our store at Norwich Castle Mall.
'We will make every effort to support our colleagues in finding alternative roles wherever possible.'
Argos was acquired by Sainsbury's in September 2016, and a number of stores have been moved into supermarkets across the country. Last year the Thetford town centre store closed and relocated to inside a nearby Sainsbury's supermarket.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 10 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
Other Argos stores in the county include Longwater Retail Park, Great Yarmouth Market Place and King's Lynn New Conduit Street.