Are you heading to Scotland for Norwich City’s pre-season clash with Celtic?
The new-found friendship between Norwich City and Scottish giants Celtic will have the chance to expand further tomorrow night, as the two clubs play out a pre-season friendly.
The second match in the Canaries pre-season schedule sees them travel to Celtic Park to continue building their fitness for the upcoming Premier League season.
Over 18,000 people saw City beat the Glasgow side at Carrow Road in May, as full-back Adam Drury was given a testimonial celebration following 11 years with Norwich.
It turned out to be 33-year-old Drury's final match before a switch to Championship side Leeds United, as well as manager Paul Lambert's final match in charge before leaving for Aston Villa.
Former players such as Darren Huckerby, Dani Pacheco and Henri Lansbury returned for an entertaining match that City won 2-0.
It was the jovial spirit of around 3,000 Hoops' supporters that will last long in the memories of Norwich fans however, bringing a great atmosphere to Norwich that saw green and white shirts fill the city from early morning through until after the match in the evening.
Supporters are already talking about the match on the message board at www.pinkun.com
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 7 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 8 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 9 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 10 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
Celtic fan Glasgow's Green & White registered to welcome Canaries fans to Glasgow, saying: 'To all fans coming up over the next few days, I hope you enjoy Glasgow and your visit to Paradise.
'Pub-wise the centre of town is worthwhile during the day and mid-afternoon or pre-match you can walk to the Gallowgate area of the city, this is the Celtic part of town.
'You will get a warm welcome in all these boozers and it's about a 10-minute straight walk to the ground from there.
'Celtic offer a good tour of the stadium as well which explains our history etc. I hope you all enjoy our city the way we did yours!'
Norwich fan And Smith Must Score replied: 'Thanks for the pre-match welcome Glasgow. I'm looking forward to visiting Paradise. I'm told there could be around 1,200 of us there on the night, not quite the huge turnout you managed at our place but pretty impressive by us for such a long-distance friendly.
'Don't be too surprised if you hear a few Canary fans with Scottish accents. There were quite a few the last time we played at Carlisle so expect the same this time.'
While fellow City supporter South of the Border said: 'I will be driving up. We should be leaving 25 degrees of sunshire down here in East Anglia, hope we don't have to endure some of your usual 'Scottish summer weather'!
Like you we haven't had the best start to our pre-season so hoping that improves, would probably settle for an agreeable draw?'
- Are you going up to Scotland for the match? Or are you a Scottish Canaries fan getting a rare chance to see your team? Contact reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email@example.com
You can also send us your photos at www.iwitness24.co.uk, leave your comments below or tweet @davefreezer