Are these students on the way to Wembley?
- Credit: Archant
The long road to Wembley for some has started down a small country lane in Norfolk as students from Easton and Otley College took part in the FA People's Cup.
Students formed nine teams, four girls' and five boys', to take part in a round robin event at the Easton campus of the college.
The winning teams, Wild Kicks' and Karen's Bois, will now go forward to a regional tournament next month.
If successful in these regional heats, the teams will then progress to the national finals at St George's Park, the home of FA Education, in April. Martin Edgar helped organise this event. The assistant curriculum quality manager for sport and public services said: 'This is the first year we have done this and it provides an opportunity for all students across the college with the chance to participate in competitive sport.'
If they win this stage of the competition at St George's, they would receive their medals before the FA Cup Final at Wembley on May 18.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 10 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food