Arcing electrical cables spark Great Yarmouth building fire

Firefighters tackled a blaze in King's Lynn.

Firefighters tackled a blaze in King's Lynn. - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017

Firefighters were called after arcing electrical cables sparked a blaze in a building in Great Yarmouth.

Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were called to the fire in Southtown Road at just before 6.15pm on Sunday (December 16).

They used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire.

They then used dry powder to douse the flames, which were out by just before 6.40pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus