Arcing electrical cables spark Great Yarmouth building fire

Firefighters tackled a blaze in King's Lynn.

Firefighters tackled a blaze in King's Lynn.


Firefighters were called after arcing electrical cables sparked a blaze in a building in Great Yarmouth.

Crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were called to the fire in Southtown Road at just before 6.15pm on Sunday (December 16).

They used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire.

They then used dry powder to douse the flames, which were out by just before 6.40pm.

If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press