April Fool’s Day 2012 – did you spot it?
It's April Fool's Day and we could not resist joining in the joke with a story of our own. But as the comments below show, our readers were quick to spot that yet another rumour that movie star Johnny Depp was moving to Norfolk – this time to Norwich's Golden Triangle – was a little far-fetched.
Movie star Johnny Depp's long-rumoured move to Norfolk looks to have finally happened, as the actor finally admitted to purchasing a house in Norwich's Golden Triangle.
Earlier this week it was reported that Norwich City Council had gained permission to claim a property on Portland Street that has stood empty for five years.
Now, in a shock twist, Mr Depp has bought the house from the council to give himself a Norfolk base while he searches for a grander home for his family in Nelson's County.
When approached, Mr Depp - star of such movies as The Pirates of The Caribbean and Edward Scissorhands - confirmed the move was likely but would not comment further.
You may also want to watch:
In January of this year rumours were rife that the 48-year-old had bought a stately home on the outskirts of Burnham Market.
He was rumoured to have bought Burnham Westgate Hall, a �7m 13-bedroom Grade II* Georgian country house which came on to the property market in June last year.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
Mr Depp was spotted in Mundesley, on the north Norfolk coast, last summer and has also previously drunk in pubs in Diss.
Now it seems the Hollywood heart-throb could be set to give Norwich a try in his search for an idyllic English home.