Apprenticeships to fill gap at Pasta Foods in Great Yarmouth as 40pc of skilled workers reach retirement age in next five years
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A Great Yarmouth-based company is looking for its next generation of skilled workers.
Pasta Foods, together with training partner Norfolk Training Services, held a presentation evening at the Imperial Hotel last month to launch their apprenticeship programme.
Paul Casey, manufacturing manager said over 40pc of his skilled workers would reach retirement age within the next five to six years and the apprentices would become the next generation for Pasta Foods.
Mr Casey said he was overwhelmed by the level of interest in the production vacancies.
Six of the apprentices will be based at the head office on Pasteur Road, Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Four will be based in production and two in engineering with one further apprentice based at Waveney Mill, on Southtown Road.
He added all of the 30 candidates confirmed they would like to be put forward to the company to be considered for one of the four production apprenticeships.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park