Apprenticeships to fill gap at Pasta Foods in Great Yarmouth as 40pc of skilled workers reach retirement age in next five years
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
A Great Yarmouth-based company is looking for its next generation of skilled workers.
Pasta Foods, together with training partner Norfolk Training Services, held a presentation evening at the Imperial Hotel last month to launch their apprenticeship programme.
Paul Casey, manufacturing manager said over 40pc of his skilled workers would reach retirement age within the next five to six years and the apprentices would become the next generation for Pasta Foods.
Mr Casey said he was overwhelmed by the level of interest in the production vacancies.
Six of the apprentices will be based at the head office on Pasteur Road, Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Four will be based in production and two in engineering with one further apprentice based at Waveney Mill, on Southtown Road.
He added all of the 30 candidates confirmed they would like to be put forward to the company to be considered for one of the four production apprenticeships.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools