Chance to give up daily habit or luxury for children’s hospice appeal
- Credit: SENT IN BY EACH
People are being asked to give up a £10 luxury or day-to-day habit to raise funds for a new Norfolk hospice.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is raising £10m for its nook hospice, which is being built off Pigot Lane in Framingham Earl.
It will replace the charity's Quidenham hospice next summer.
It has so far raised £7.8m and building work for the nook hospice started in November 2017.
One of the fundraisers is entitled My £10 and was the idea of Judith Sykes, chair of friends of the nook group.
Tal Williams, EACH community fundraiser of the nook appeal, said: 'My £10 is really simple – we're asking people to give up something that they would spend £10 or more on in the month of April and donate the money they save to the nook appeal.'
You may also want to watch:
To donate text NOOK10 £10 to 70070.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary