Chance to give up daily habit or luxury for children’s hospice appeal
- Credit: SENT IN BY EACH
People are being asked to give up a £10 luxury or day-to-day habit to raise funds for a new Norfolk hospice.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is raising £10m for its nook hospice, which is being built off Pigot Lane in Framingham Earl.
It will replace the charity's Quidenham hospice next summer.
It has so far raised £7.8m and building work for the nook hospice started in November 2017.
One of the fundraisers is entitled My £10 and was the idea of Judith Sykes, chair of friends of the nook group.
Tal Williams, EACH community fundraiser of the nook appeal, said: 'My £10 is really simple – we're asking people to give up something that they would spend £10 or more on in the month of April and donate the money they save to the nook appeal.'
You may also want to watch:
To donate text NOOK10 £10 to 70070.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 9 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 10 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'