Appeal for witnesses to crash on A11 at Besthorpe
Officers are appealing for witnesses after a driver failed to stop following a crash on the A11 this morning.
The collision took place on the Norwich bound carriageway, just prior to the Besthorpe services, near Attleborough.
At about 10.30am, a grey or silver car, thought to be the size of a Ford Fiesta or Ford Focus, pulled out of a layby into the path of a silver Ford Galaxy and a white Vauxhall Corsa.
Both the Galaxy and the Corsa braked heavily and collided with each other.
The driver of the unidentified silver car is alleged to have waved at them and then drove away.
You may also want to watch:
The Corsa sustained serious damage and a female passenger suffered slight injuries. Two children in the rear of the Galaxy were uninjured.
An amublance arrived at the scene but did not take anyone to hospital.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 7 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 8 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 9 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 10 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
Fire appliances from Wymondham, Hethersett and Earlham also attended and crews made the scene safe.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact PC Chris Winter, at Wymondham Road Policing, on 0845 456 4567.