Appeal for witnesses after woman in her 20s suffers “life threatening injuries” in crash on A149 at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a crash which left a woman in a critical condition.
The woman, who is believed to be in her early 20s, suffered what were described as 'life threatening injuries' in the crash, which happened on the A149 between Hunstanton and Heacham.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers were called at 2.54am to reports that a woman and a red Citroen Saxo had been involved in a collision.
'The woman sustained serious injuries and has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
Officers are keen to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who may have seen the vehicle or the woman prior to incident.'
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We sent a rapid response vehicle, ambulance and ambulance officer.
'The ambulance team treated one patient, a female, who was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with multiple serious injuries.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 8 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 9 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 10 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
Fire crews from Hunstanton and Heacham assisted the ambulance service and police at the scene.
The injured woman has not been named. The main A149 coast road was closed for several hours while police carried out investigations at the scene. It reopened to traffic just before 8.30am.
Drivers faced detours via Ringstead and Old Hunstanton. Some early morning bus services to Hunstanton were also cancelled.
Anyone with information should contact PC Andy Miles at Wymondham Police Station on 101.