Appeal for witnesses after woman in her 20s suffers “life threatening injuries” in crash on A149 at Hunstanton
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses to a crash which left a woman in a critical condition.
The woman, who is believed to be in her early 20s, suffered what were described as 'life threatening injuries' in the crash, which happened on the A149 between Hunstanton and Heacham.
A Norfolk police spokesman said: 'Officers were called at 2.54am to reports that a woman and a red Citroen Saxo had been involved in a collision.
'The woman sustained serious injuries and has been taken to Addenbrookes Hospital where she remains in a critical condition.
Officers are keen to hear from any witnesses, or anyone who may have seen the vehicle or the woman prior to incident.'
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'We sent a rapid response vehicle, ambulance and ambulance officer.
'The ambulance team treated one patient, a female, who was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital with multiple serious injuries.'
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
Fire crews from Hunstanton and Heacham assisted the ambulance service and police at the scene.
The injured woman has not been named. The main A149 coast road was closed for several hours while police carried out investigations at the scene. It reopened to traffic just before 8.30am.
Drivers faced detours via Ringstead and Old Hunstanton. Some early morning bus services to Hunstanton were also cancelled.
Anyone with information should contact PC Andy Miles at Wymondham Police Station on 101.