Appeal for volunteer marshals to help at fifth Beccles Triathlon
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Preparations are under way for the annual Beccles Triathlon set to take place next month.
Sign-ups to take part in the race sold out in less than two hours and the event will feature team GB athletes.
However, volunteer marshals are still needed for the triathlon which is now in its fifth year.
The event will take place on Sunday, June 4 from 8.30am to noon.
The race will see the entrants swim 480m - 16 lengths - of Beccles Lido, before cycling for 20.3k and ending off with a 6.7k run on the road and riverside track back to the pool.
You may also want to watch:
Shaun Crowley, director at Beccles Lido, said: 'It has become well known throughout the region as being a very well organised, friendly event which starts and finishes at Beccles Lido and welcomes complete newcomers to the world of triathlon and seasoned triathletes alike.
'And if you don't want to compete then you can still get involved. The event is very spectator friendly, whether at the Lido, along Puddingmoor or at Beccles Quay. 'The Triathlon also relies on volunteer marshals to give directions and hand out water along the route. Being a marshal is great fun and a great way to help with this fantastic Lido fundraiser – and you could just spot the next Ali or Jon Brownlee.'
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 3 Norwich takeaway's food poisoning complaint investigation closed
- 4 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 5 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 6 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 7 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 8 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 EFL announce revised schedule to avoid Prince Philip funeral clash
The triathlon has grown in popularity ever since its inception.
Last year's race won 'club event of the year' in the Triathlon Eastern England Region awards. And 160 entrants will be taking on the challenge this year.
It is run by Beccles Triathlon Club which was formed in August 2013 and since then the club has grown from strength to strength with a total of 89 members.
Anyone who is able to help as a marshal on the day can contact Isabel Pollock on 07787 158124 or email email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining the club, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/BecclesTriathlonClub.