Appeal for volunteer marshals to help at fifth Beccles Triathlon
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Preparations are under way for the annual Beccles Triathlon set to take place next month.
Sign-ups to take part in the race sold out in less than two hours and the event will feature team GB athletes.
However, volunteer marshals are still needed for the triathlon which is now in its fifth year.
The event will take place on Sunday, June 4 from 8.30am to noon.
The race will see the entrants swim 480m - 16 lengths - of Beccles Lido, before cycling for 20.3k and ending off with a 6.7k run on the road and riverside track back to the pool.
Shaun Crowley, director at Beccles Lido, said: 'It has become well known throughout the region as being a very well organised, friendly event which starts and finishes at Beccles Lido and welcomes complete newcomers to the world of triathlon and seasoned triathletes alike.
'And if you don't want to compete then you can still get involved. The event is very spectator friendly, whether at the Lido, along Puddingmoor or at Beccles Quay. 'The Triathlon also relies on volunteer marshals to give directions and hand out water along the route. Being a marshal is great fun and a great way to help with this fantastic Lido fundraiser – and you could just spot the next Ali or Jon Brownlee.'
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 9 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
The triathlon has grown in popularity ever since its inception.
Last year's race won 'club event of the year' in the Triathlon Eastern England Region awards. And 160 entrants will be taking on the challenge this year.
It is run by Beccles Triathlon Club which was formed in August 2013 and since then the club has grown from strength to strength with a total of 89 members.
Anyone who is able to help as a marshal on the day can contact Isabel Pollock on 07787 158124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in joining the club, contact email@example.com or visit www.facebook.com/BecclesTriathlonClub.