Appeal following catalytic converter thefts in Wymondham and Hethersett area
Vans have been targeted by catalytic converter thieves in south Norfolk.
Police are appealing for information following incidents in the Hethersett and Wymondham areas with offenders targeting Mercedes Sprinter vans.
Between 8.30am on Friday, August 3 and 12.30pm on Saturday, August 4 thieves forced open a side window to open the bonnet of a van in Haconsfield, Hethersett, before removing the catalytic converter.
Offenders targeted a van left in Watton Road, Barford, overnight on Tuesday July 31, opening the bonnet before stealing the entire exhausts system, including the converter.
Between 5pm on Monday, July 30 and 9am on Wednesday, August 1 thieves smashed the side passenger window of a van parked on an industrial estate in Low Road in Morley St Botolph before opening the bonnet and removing the exhaust system.
Inspector James Brown said: 'We will be targeting patrols in key areas in a bid to catch those responsible and we would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard anything suspicious in these areas overnight.
'Unfortunately, with the cost of scrap metal, this sort of crime can be quite common in rural areas. We are urging drivers to take extra precautions whenever possible to try and reduce their chances of falling victim to catalytic converter theft.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
Contact Norfolk Police on 101.