Appeal following attempted robbery in Thetford
A woman in her 50s was left with scratches and bruising as a result of an attempted robbery in Thetford.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the attack that happened on Friday at some point between 5.15pm and 5.30pm in a wooded area between Brandon Road and St John's Way.
The victim was walking between the two locations when two men on mountain bikes approached her from the other direction and blocked her path.
One of the men then grabbed the shoulder strap of her handbag, but she refused to give it to them. The same man caused the victim to fall into a tree causing scratches and bruising to the victim's left arm.
The two men then rode off in the direction of the Redcastle Estate empty handed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers would also like to speak to a man in his 30s who helped her after the incident.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has knowledge of it is asked to contact Det Con Mark Barron at Thetford CID or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'