Appeal after young woman is robbed at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Police are appealing for information after a woman was threatened with a knife and robbed in Lowestoft.
The incident happened at around 6.30pm in Norwich Road on Sunday as the woman, in her 20s, walked towards the town centre.
She was near the Walton Road junction when she heard footsteps behind her and then felt someone pulling her hair. She was grabbed and threatened with a knife before the offender took her purse and stole cash.
The suspect is described as male, white, in his mid to late teens, around 5ft 3ins tall, of slim build with protruding teeth. He wore a dark Puffa-style jacket and dark baseball cap.
Anyone who saw the incident, the teenager in the area or who has information about the offender, is asked to contact Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting 16098/17. Alternatively call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga