Appeal after man tries to snatch woman’s dog while she was walking it in Bradwell
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding an attempted theft of a dog in Bradwell at the weekend.
The incident happened yesterday (Sunday, September 25) at approximately 6pm on Jews Lane.
The victim was walking her dog in the direction of Falklands Surgery when an unknown man approached her and tried to pull the dog lead from her hand.
After a short tussle the man fled the scene allowing the victim to return home and contact the police.
The man is described as being white and aged in his 20s.
You may also want to watch:
He is approximately 5ft 10in in height and of a skinny build with stubble on his face.
He was wearing a grey hooded long sleeve top with baggy blue denim jeans and black trainers which were very worn.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
DS Mark Scott said: 'Whilst this is the first report we have received of this kind I would like to urge dog owners to remain vigilant.'
• Anyone who saw this male or has information pertinent to the case can contact me at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.'
• Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via their anonymous online form at http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.