Appeal after arson attack destroys four tipper lorries in Besthorpe
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A police appeal has been launched after four tipper lorries were destroyed in an arson attack.
The call for help follows the fire in Bunwell Road, Besthorpe, at around 9.30pm on Friday (March 3).
Police say number of small fires were deliberately started near a line of tipper lorries, which caused four of the vehicles to ignite.
Fire crews from Attleborough, Wymondham, Hethersett and Earlham were called to the scene and firefighters used main and hose reel jets, supplemented from a hydrant to extinguish the fire.
Compressed air foam was also used.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area around the time of the incident.
They would particularly like to trace the driver of a silver vehicle who is believed to have been in the area at the time.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Anyone with information should contact Constable Cherie Smith at Thetford Police Station on 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.