Appeal after arson attack destroys four tipper lorries in Besthorpe
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A police appeal has been launched after four tipper lorries were destroyed in an arson attack.
The call for help follows the fire in Bunwell Road, Besthorpe, at around 9.30pm on Friday (March 3).
Police say number of small fires were deliberately started near a line of tipper lorries, which caused four of the vehicles to ignite.
Fire crews from Attleborough, Wymondham, Hethersett and Earlham were called to the scene and firefighters used main and hose reel jets, supplemented from a hydrant to extinguish the fire.
Compressed air foam was also used.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious activity in the area around the time of the incident.
They would particularly like to trace the driver of a silver vehicle who is believed to have been in the area at the time.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Anyone with information should contact Constable Cherie Smith at Thetford Police Station on 101.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.