City striker off the mark as he bids to make trial impact with Chesterfield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Young Norwich City striker Anthony Spyrou got off the mark as he bids to impress National League Chesterfield.
The 19-year-old Colney academy product levelled matters at Matlock Town on 14 minutes, getting on the end Jay Sheridan's corner - setting the Spireites on their way to a 2-1 pre-season victory.
With Chesterfield's first-team beating Hallam 24 hours earlier, Spyrou featured in a youthful side on Tuesday evening that featured a further three triallists.
Spyrou is entering the final year of his first professional deal with City and spent the second half of last season at National League play-off quarter-finalists Wrexham, where he made three appearances.
Both Adam Idah and Spyrou have made an impact for the Canaries' Under-23s squad in recent seasons, with Idah now promoted to Daniel Farke's first-team set-up and Spyrou now hoping to secure senior football on loan for the season ahead.
You may also want to watch:
Spyrou's next chance to impress could come when John Sheridan's Chesterfield return to pre-season action on Saturday, at home to Paul Warne's Rotherham United.
- For the latest Norwich City news and opinion follow Michael Bailey on the following channels…
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area