Another person charged in connection with Connor Barrett’s death in Hemsby
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A third person has been charged in connection with the death of 20-year-old Connor Barrett.
Connor, from Abyssinia Close, Great Yarmouth, died as a result of a fatal stab wound inflicted at a private party held at Hemsby on Saturday, May 10.
Today Anthony Mclean, aged 41 and from Drifters Way, Yarmouth, has been charged with assisting an offender between 10 May and 12 May. He has been released on police bail until next Tuesday when he will appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court at 10am.
The police investigation into Connor's death, led by the joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team (MIT), continues.
A 17 year old youth from Yarmouth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been remanded in police custody in relation to Connor's death. He is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court next month for a plea and case management hearing (PCMH).
You may also want to watch:
A provisional date for a trial, expected to last between two and three weeks, has been fixed for October 20.
Appearing alongside the 17 year old defendant at the PCMH on August 18 will be a 15-year-old boy who has been charged with possessing an offensive weapon, actual bodily harm and affray.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast