Annual fete returns to Beccles hospital grounds
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
After raising more than £5,000 for local causes last year, Beccles War Memorial Hospital Fete will be returning again this month.
The annual event, organised by Beccles Rotary Club, will take place on Sunday, June 24, from 2pm.
There will be lots of games organised by local groups and charities, various stalls and exhibitions and a raffle with a £100 cash prize along with a variety of items donated by residents and businesses.
The June Glennie School of Dance will be performing and live background jazz music will be provided by students from the Sir John Leman High School.
The mayor of Beccles Richard Stubbings is set to visit, as well as the new Miss Beccles along with her prince and princess attendants.
You may also want to watch:
The Beccles Cycle for Life bicycle draw will also take place.
Last year's event attracted more than 300 people, with visitors travelling from all over the region.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison