Annual Army charity concert to be held at Thursford in September
- Credit: Archant
An Army support charity has confirmed that it will host their annual Beating Retreat and concert at Thursford in September.
The ABF Soldiers' Charity will hold the Beating Retreat on September 5, which will see the band of the Parachute Regiment performing before attendees.
All the money raised through ticket sales will go toward the charity, which has been in existence since 1944 when, as the Army Benevolent Fund, it was established to provide support for serving soldiers, veterans and their families.
Each year ABF provides around 6,000 grants to individuals, with one third going to serving personnel and their families. The grants are also given to charities supporting Army personnel and other smaller specialist charities.
The event will take place at the Thursford Collection on Tuesday, September 5, at 7pm.
Tickets can be purchased by telephoning on 01328 878 477.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 5 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 8 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 9 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia
- 10 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls