Anglian Water says roadworks which caused Long Stratton chaos this morning should be finished today
- Credit: Archant © 2004
A three-mile journey along the A140 took drivers more than an hour through Long Stratton on Friday because of roadworks.
Drivers were facing snail-pace traffic on the A140 in both directions due to work on The Street.
The drive from Pulham Market roundabout to Long Stratton took commuters one hour and 20 minutes.
Traffic was also gridlocked from Long Stratton to The Countryman pub, in Tasburgh.
The work is being carried out by Anglian Water who are installing a new water connection to a property.
It began on Thursday and the company hopes it will be finished by this afternoon's rush hour.
Temporary traffic lights are currently in place at the site opposite Swan Lane.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
A spokesperson from Anglian Water, said: 'We apologise for any disruption experienced by local residents or road users.'
•Check out the latest traffic in our live map•Were you caught up in the chaos? You can leave your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org