Anglia in Bloom judges set to arrive in Filby
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
An award-winning village is putting the finishing touches to its floral displays ready for a regional competition.
Anglia in Bloom judges David White and Nolan Mills will be visiting the village on Thursday, July 13 at 9am.
The judging route will go past Ormesby Broad, Filby Broad and restaurant, the shop and post office, Thompson's Farm, Thrigby Road Corner, the playing field, the Village Hall, the Clay Pits Project, Filby Primary School, All Saints Church, the Village Pound, Filby Close and Mautby Road Corner.
They are expected to leave the village at around 11.45am.
The village entered the Anglia In Bloom competition for the first time in 1995, and after its initial success in 1997 has participated in the event every year since.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015 it achieved gold medals and was voted Best Village in both Yarmouth in Bloom and Anglia in Bloom.
It has also represented the region at the Britain in Bloom competition several times.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen