Anglia in Bloom judges set to arrive in Filby
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
An award-winning village is putting the finishing touches to its floral displays ready for a regional competition.
Anglia in Bloom judges David White and Nolan Mills will be visiting the village on Thursday, July 13 at 9am.
The judging route will go past Ormesby Broad, Filby Broad and restaurant, the shop and post office, Thompson's Farm, Thrigby Road Corner, the playing field, the Village Hall, the Clay Pits Project, Filby Primary School, All Saints Church, the Village Pound, Filby Close and Mautby Road Corner.
They are expected to leave the village at around 11.45am.
The village entered the Anglia In Bloom competition for the first time in 1995, and after its initial success in 1997 has participated in the event every year since.
You may also want to watch:
In 2015 it achieved gold medals and was voted Best Village in both Yarmouth in Bloom and Anglia in Bloom.
It has also represented the region at the Britain in Bloom competition several times.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park