Anglia In Bloom celebrates 20th year and Spring launch at Bressingham Gardens
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The 17 acres of beautiful gardens at Bressingham were the perfect location for the spring launch of Anglia in Bloom, which this year is celebrating its 20th anniversary.
To mark the occasion Bressingham Gardens owner Adrian Bloom, Anglia In Bloom president Brian Thornton and chairman Bob Ollier planted a tree in the grounds.
Trustee officers, judges and In Bloom delegates were treated to a tour of the six gardens before master classes were given by Mr Bloom and Jamie Blake.
Mr Bloom, who has also become a patron for Anglia in Bloom, said: 'I have been aware of In Bloom for a number of years but I did not fully realise the work they do to encourage neighbourhoods.
'They encourage villages and councils to use plants to beautify things. That is something we share.'
You may also want to watch:
During the Summer Anglia in Bloom judges will be visiting communities in the region to assess the entries.
Entrants will be judged on their efforts to promote sustainability, their involvement with the community, care for the environment and horticultural excellence.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 10 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
Four new categories have been introduced this year, best floral public house, best floral hotel, best floral restaurant and best woodland.
Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony to be held in Gorleston in September.