Anglia in Bloom awards to be launched at Bressingham Gardens
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
The annual Anglia in Bloom competition is to be launched at Bressingham Gardens, near Diss.
It is the 20th anniversary of the competition and it will be launched at a special event at Bressingham Gardens on April 12 which will be hosted by the owner Adrian Bloom.
Anglia in Bloom trustee officers and judges, In Bloom delegates and VIP's will be in attendance for the launch, which also includes a tour, master classes and a lunch.
A tree planting ceremony will also be held to mark the anniversary.
Adrian Bloom, owner of Bressingham Gardens, said: 'We will be delighted to welcome the Anglia in Bloom team and visitors to Bressingham Gardens for the 2016 launch of this now prestigious annual event.
'It will also be the first time any event has been held at our new events and wedding venue at Bressingham Hall and High Barn.' During the summer Anglia in Bloom judges will be out and about visiting villages, towns and cities in our region assessing their entry in the 2016 contest.
Entrants will be judged on their efforts to promote sustainability, their involvement with the community, care for the environment and horticultural excellence. T
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 8 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
The winners in the various categories will be announced at an awards ceremony in September in Gorleston.
Brian Thornton, president of Anglia in Bloom, said: 'To launch this year's Anglia in Bloom campaign we are inviting all Bloom and It's Your Neighbourhood participants to take part in our year of celebration with a tree planting in Bressingham Gardens to mark the special occasion.
'Anglia in Bloom is the eastern region's unique environmental community initiative and is an exciting and rewarding experience for all involved.
'Taking part builds community relationships and makes a significant difference to the local environment. With the tree we are planting we look forward to sustaining our growing and continued community initiative.'
Last year's Anglia in Bloom winners Great Yarmouth, Mancroft Ward in Norwich and Wisbech have been entered as finalists for this year's National RHS Britain in Bloom competition.