Cafe offering free meal to ‘angel’ of the week
- Credit: Archant © 2005
A café is offering a free meal every week to someone who has been a “community angel”.
Customers of The Angel Café, in Diss, are invited to nominate someone who has made a difference.
Owner Rachel Aiken said: “As a local café that serves the whole community we often get to hear about the little acts of kindness that brighten our customers’ days.
“These are worrying times for many people and now, more than ever, community spirit is important. We want to recognise the people in and around Diss who are helping to make people’s lives easier and better.”
Every week until April 3 the winner of The Angel Café Community Angel of the Week award will receive a free breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
People can nominate via the café’s Facebook page or write it down and pop it into the nomination box in the café.
For more information search The Angel Café on Facebook.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend