Cafe offering free meal to ‘angel’ of the week
- Credit: Archant © 2005
A café is offering a free meal every week to someone who has been a “community angel”.
Customers of The Angel Café, in Diss, are invited to nominate someone who has made a difference.
Owner Rachel Aiken said: “As a local café that serves the whole community we often get to hear about the little acts of kindness that brighten our customers’ days.
“These are worrying times for many people and now, more than ever, community spirit is important. We want to recognise the people in and around Diss who are helping to make people’s lives easier and better.”
Every week until April 3 the winner of The Angel Café Community Angel of the Week award will receive a free breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
People can nominate via the café’s Facebook page or write it down and pop it into the nomination box in the café.
For more information search The Angel Café on Facebook.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church