Man, 36, charged with assault after young woman attacked in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assault after a young woman was attacked as she walked into Norwich.
Police said the woman, who is in her late teens, was grabbed by a man who tried to pull her from the pavement on Carrow Hill at about 5.25am on October 13.
However, a passer-by intervened and the man ran off. The woman was uninjured.
A man was arrested by police on Thursday and taken Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Police said they have now charged Anesu Nzanga, 36, of Bracondale, Norwich, with common assault, with the intention of committing a relevant sexual offence.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court this morning.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen