Andrew Proctor appointed leader of Broadland District Council for seventh year
Andrew Proctor has been appointed as leader of Broadland District Council for a seventh year.
He now leads a council consisting of 41 Conservative and five Liberal Democrat members.
Mr Proctor, who represents the Brundall Ward, said: 'It was an honour and privilege when I was elected as leader of the Council six years ago and it's as much of an honour and privilege to be elected again today.'
The existing cabinet has been re-appointed with the following portfolio holders:
• Stuart Clancy - Economic development and deputy leader.
You may also want to watch:
• Trudy Mancini-Boyle - Finance.
• John Fisher - Environmental excellence.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 5 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
• Roger Foulge - Communities and housing.
• Shaun Vincent - Planning.
Burlingham ward councillor David Ward was appointed chairman following a year as vice chairman. He has been a parish councillor since 1999 in Blofield, where he has held the role of chairman several times.
He said: 'My reason for becoming a councillor 18 years ago was to help people in the area and that still stands today.
'As member champion for older people, I am involved in setting up the Broadland Dementia Action Alliance and I am committed to helping those with dementia in Broadland live better in their communities.'
He takes over from John Ward.
Judy Leggett, Sprowston East Ward councillor, was elected as vice chairman.