Andrew Proctor appointed leader of Broadland District Council for seventh year
Andrew Proctor has been appointed as leader of Broadland District Council for a seventh year.
He now leads a council consisting of 41 Conservative and five Liberal Democrat members.
Mr Proctor, who represents the Brundall Ward, said: 'It was an honour and privilege when I was elected as leader of the Council six years ago and it's as much of an honour and privilege to be elected again today.'
The existing cabinet has been re-appointed with the following portfolio holders:
• Stuart Clancy - Economic development and deputy leader.
You may also want to watch:
• Trudy Mancini-Boyle - Finance.
• John Fisher - Environmental excellence.
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
• Roger Foulge - Communities and housing.
• Shaun Vincent - Planning.
Burlingham ward councillor David Ward was appointed chairman following a year as vice chairman. He has been a parish councillor since 1999 in Blofield, where he has held the role of chairman several times.
He said: 'My reason for becoming a councillor 18 years ago was to help people in the area and that still stands today.
'As member champion for older people, I am involved in setting up the Broadland Dementia Action Alliance and I am committed to helping those with dementia in Broadland live better in their communities.'
He takes over from John Ward.
Judy Leggett, Sprowston East Ward councillor, was elected as vice chairman.