‘An outstanding individual’ - tributes to Captain Christopher Stover
- Credit: Archant
Captain Christopher Stover, a pilot on the US Pave Hawk helicopter which crashed in Cley on Tuesday, was 28-years-old.
A graduate of Evergreen High School, in Vancouver, Washington, Captain Stover died doing what he loved, according to his father, Rick.
'On behalf of the Stover family, my wife, my daughter and my daughter-in-law, I want to express our deepest appreciation of the support and prayers we have received from our extended family, friends, co-workers and people that knew Chris.
'Chris was doing what he truly enjoyed, flying. Chris touched so many lives and left everyone better for it. We are proud of his service to our country. We all miss him so very much,' he said.
Former schoolmates and neighbours said they had been shocked by his death.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Schultz, a former high school cross country coach, described him as 'an outstanding individual.'
'He was incredibly intelligent, had a great personality, was a strong leader, had an awesome smile and came from a great family. He will be sorely missed,' he said.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 8 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 9 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
Michael Duc knew Capt Stover when he was growing up.
He said:'He was part of the family around here. I mean I'm just shocked right now. I can't believe it.'
'He was just such a great guy. He was upbeat and had a good sense of humor. He was just so nice and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy.'
Just over a month ago, on December 1, Captain Stover and his wife, Sarah, celebrated their first wedding anniversary.