Man airlifted to hospital following ‘serious injury’
- Credit: Rob Holding
A man was airlifted to hospital from a town centre after suffering a serious injury.
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) and a Magpas air ambulance were called to Downham Market on Monday, November 16 after a man suffered a serious injury in an accident.
He was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge.
Reports on social media said the air ambulance landed on Memorial Park in the town at around lunchtime.
An EEAST spokesperson said: “An ambulance and the MAGPAS air ambulance was called to an address in Downham Market following reports of a man injured in an accident.
You may also want to watch:
“The patient was transported by air to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with a serious injury.”
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 10 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named