Alzheimer’s Society celebrates 10 years of service in north Norfolk
The Alzheimer's Society recently celebrated ten years of service for people with dementia in north Norfolk.
Clients, local professionals and volunteers came together to mark the occasion with music, dancing and a birthday cake.
Stories were also shared of how the local office first began and old newsletters were on display marking the changes, from an office run solely by a few volunteers to the appointment of a team of staff.
Tom and Joan Malivoire from Mundesley were one of the first clients at the north Norfolk office and said: 'It's really made a difference to how we have both coped and we've made some smashing friends along the way.
'It's lovely to be part of this anniversary event and to celebrate the achievements that have been made.'
Dementia support manager Jackie Thacker thanked all the volunteers for their continued support.
The charity held the event on June 18 at St Joseph's Roman Catholic Church Hall in Sheringham.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 5 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
? For more information about the Alzheimer's Society and its services in north Norfolk please ring 01603 763517.