All trains between Norwich and Ely suspended due to lightning strike
- Credit: Supplied.
A lightning strike on a signalling system has caused the suspension of train services between Norwich and Ely.
Lightning has damaged the signalling system near Eccles road between Thetford and Attleborough and between Shippea Hill and Ely.
As a result Greater Anglia services have been suspended between Norwich and Ely until the signalling system can be restored.
East Midlands trains services between Norwich and Lime St Liverpool are also affected.
There is currently no replacement bus service in place and passengers are being advised to travel via Stowmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected until 9pm.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named