All together now: Community choir raises its voice in thanks for donation boost
- Credit: Linda Turner
Long before TV choirmaster Gareth Malone was extolling the benefits of group singing a Gorleston ensemble was harmonising its vocals.
Now Gorleston Community Choir boasts around 80 members who all sing together on a Saturday.
As well as fundraising themselves the group needs donations to support the venture - the latest of which has come from The Property People.
The company has handed over £100 from the sale of Maria Marshall and family's property to be donated to a charity of their choice.
Sally Hunn, a member of staff, was there to see Maria donate the cheque to Gorleston Community Choir of which she is a member.
You may also want to watch:
The choir meets at St Mary Magdalene hall in Gorleston and stages concerts throughout the year.
Member Linda Turner said the group had done wonders for her and her husband who both have health problems.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
'For me the choir is an absolute release,' she said.