All the thrills of the big top on the Norwich Theatre Royal stage
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
All the thrills of the big top are on display at Norwich Theatre Royal this week with circus company Cirque Berserk! taking to the stage, and the performers have been giving a sneak preview of some of their amazing tricks.
The riders in the Globe of Death impressed with what is said to be one of the most dangerous daredevil acts in the world - a death-defying feat where three motorcyclists hit speeds of up to 60mph inside a steel cage - meanwhile the acrobats and palm balancer demonstrated amazing grace and skill and the knife-thrower some deft handwork.
The company features acts from around the world, including Brazil, Argentina, France, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Mongolia, Finland, Kenya and Cuba.
Tweedy the Clown, representing the UK contingent, said audiences could 'expect to be on the edge of their seats' during the fast-paced shows.
He said: 'I think the regulars here at the Theatre Royal will be amazed to see these things in the theatre were they usually see panto and other shows. It transforms the space and you have this intimacy. It feels more thrilling and exciting because it is in a smaller space than a big top. It makes it feel more dangerous.'
Cirque Berserk! runs until Sunday. To book, call the box office on 01603 630000 or visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 7 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 10 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches