All-conkering winners crowned in annual Waveney Valley Conkers Tournament in Geldeston
- Credit: Yanny Mack
The all-conkering winners of the Waveney Valley Conkers Tournament claimed their spoils at the annual event.
Fittingly autumnal weather greeted around 100 people to the event at the Geldeston Lock pub on the shore of the River Waveney.
A number of competitors took each other on in the classic playground game, which saw champions crowned in two different categories.
Martin Smith claimed the senior trophy, defeating last year's champion on the way to glory, as well as a two-time champion from 2013 and 2014.
The junior trophy was won in convincing fashion by Mani from Loddon, who claimed his second triumph.
You may also want to watch:
The much-anticipated best dressed conker competition was won by Geldeston couple Archie and Rowan Walker, who won with their joint effort 'Conker Eel'.
Organiser Yanny Mack said: 'More than £100 was raised for the River Waveney Trust and the pub almost ran out of beer.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites