‘All are welcome, whoever they are’ - New home for much-loved All Saints Centre in Norwich
Former users of the All Saints Centre in Norwich are being invited to go to a new home, called the Sanctuary, at St Peter Mancroft Church in the city.
The All Saints Centre, based at the converted All Saints Church in Westlegate opposite John Lewis, closed in June. The centre had provided a cafe and place to rest and socialise every day for dozens of people, including many homeless and vulnerable adults.
But, despite rising demand for its services, it closed after 35 years, with the loss of five jobs.
Pam Uden, on behalf of the Sanctuary steering group, said that since its closure a determined and committed group of ex-employees, volunteers and supporters had continued to meet weekly to formulate plans for the future.
She said: 'The aims are as they have always been to provide a place where anyone and everyone can find peace, friendship and food. Where all are welcome, whoever they are.
You may also want to watch:
'We have had many offers of help and support. We know there's a need – now we need help to meet it, and that help has started to arrive.
'Starting on Wednesday, November 12, the Sanctuary will be open at St Peter Mancroft on Wednesdays from 10.30am to 3.30pm. In the spirit of All Saints, we welcome friends old and new.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries keen on Cherries ace
The group's former home, at All Saints church, is now being used by the Original Norwich Charity Christmas Card shop.
Are you a former user of the day centre? If so, are you looking forward to going to the group's new home? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org