All About Dogs show will set tails wagging at Norfolk Showground
Dog owners can prolong the Olympic excitement by entering their four-legged athletes in the 'Doggy Triathlon' as a fun family event returns to Norwich for the Bank Holiday weekend.
The All About Dogs Show will be held at the Norfolk Showground on August 26 and 27, with organisers hoping for more than 20,000 visitors across the two days – and 700 dogs expected to be entered in the fun events.
The new Doggy Triathlon will be the ultimate test of canine endurance, designed to find out whether families' loyal pets can run like Usain Bolt or dive like Tom Daley.
It includes a timed dash over hurdles, followed by a dive into the paddling pool to retrieve a floating object, and concluding with the exciting 'egg and spoon race'.
Other events include displays from the US-trained Dock Dogs pool team, fun dog shows, 'waggiest tail' and 'scruffiest pooch' competitions and live entertainment, while the Best In Show winner can go home with a trophy and a �75 prize.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Upson, director of event organisers Aztec Events, said: 'Since the Olympics, we've had so many people enquire about the attractions at the show. And who knows, the Olympic committee is always looking for new events, so who's to say it won't be something to do with dogs? Now's the time to start training!
'This is our third year, and the show is expanding very quickly. It is already four times the size of the first year and is now the largest dedicated fun dog show in East Anglia. We encourage people to bring their dogs to the show and we want to make it a real family day out where people can enter the fun dog competitions and watch all the attractions.
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 3 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 4 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 9 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
'People like taking their dogs out but there are so many events where you cannot take your pets. But we say: 'Bring your dog, and get involved'.'
Among a host of have-a-go events, the event also features live entertainment and arena displays, trade stands to buy accessories for pampered pooches, and opportunities to plunge into the Dock Dogs pool, find the hidden prize at the Gun-dog Scurry, or thunder round an agility course.
nThe All About Dogs show will be open from 9.30am to 5pm each day. For more information and to pre-book discounted tickets, visit www.allaboutdogsshow.co.uk.