All aboard as miniature railway hosts fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
It was full steam ahead for the Nook Appeal at Eaton Park this Bank Holiday Monday.
The park's miniature railway helped keep the appeal on track with a day of fundraising.
And unfavourable weather conditions could not derail the fun, as families braved the drizzle to raise money for East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
The day was organised by the Norwich and District Society of Model Engineers (N&DSME) which operates the Eaton Park Miniature Railway.
Between 1pm and 5pm, special trains were running, with proceeds going towards EACH's vision for a new hospice in Framlingham.
You may also want to watch:
John Peterson, N&DSME club chairman, said: 'Following the successful first EACH day last year, we were pleased to repeat the day again for 2016.
'We always enjoy these special days at the railway and we know park visitors do too.'
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
Carol Plunkett, EACH Norfolk fundraising manager, said: 'We'd like to say a big thank you to Eaton Park Miniature Railway for choosing to support our Nook appeal. The continued support is fantastic.'
Do you have a charity story? Contact David Hannant on firstname.lastname@example.org.