Alive Leisure announces their chosen charity of the year
- Credit: Archant
Alive Leisure has announced it will be supporting a King's Lynn children's charity as it's charity of the year.
The charitable trust, which runs sports centres in Lynn, Hunstanton and Downham Market, will be raising funds and awareness for Little Discoverers.
Little Discoverers provides specialist advice and support for parents of pre-school aged children in the West Norfolk area with motor learning development delays or difficulties.
Nina McKenna, Alive Leisure's director of culture and communication, said: 'They are a brilliant charity and we are very excited to work together to raise funds and awareness for such a wonderful charity.'
Kat Brittain, team leader at Little Discoverers, said the charity needs to raise around £36,000 a year in order to keep supporting families.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Any money or support we can get is a huge help. This means we can spend more time with the children than trying to raise money.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash