Alive Leisure announces their chosen charity of the year
- Credit: Archant
Alive Leisure has announced it will be supporting a King's Lynn children's charity as it's charity of the year.
The charitable trust, which runs sports centres in Lynn, Hunstanton and Downham Market, will be raising funds and awareness for Little Discoverers.
Little Discoverers provides specialist advice and support for parents of pre-school aged children in the West Norfolk area with motor learning development delays or difficulties.
Nina McKenna, Alive Leisure's director of culture and communication, said: 'They are a brilliant charity and we are very excited to work together to raise funds and awareness for such a wonderful charity.'
Kat Brittain, team leader at Little Discoverers, said the charity needs to raise around £36,000 a year in order to keep supporting families.
She added: 'Any money or support we can get is a huge help. This means we can spend more time with the children than trying to raise money.'
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite