Hollywood actor announced as judge for Norwich Film Festival 2018
- Credit: PA
A Hollywood star has been announced as one of the judges for this year's Norwich Film Festival.
Alfred Molina, whose film credits include Chocolat, Boogie Nights and Spider-Man 2, will be judging films in the Nominated Shorts category.
The British-born actor began his career in the West End, making his film debut in 1981 with a minor role in Raiders of the Lost Ark as Indiana Jones' ill-fated guide, Satipo.
He joins 11 other industry professionals on the judging panel, including screenwriter Andrea Gibb, BAFTA-winning sound editor Eddy Joseph and producer Gavin Humphries.
A spokesman for the festival said: 'Alfred has worked with some of the most incredible filmmakers, actors, producers and writers around and it is a real pleasure to welcome him to this year's judging panel.'
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 2009 by Kellen Playford, the Norwich Film Festival will take place over November 7-19.
Last year actor Michael Palin kicked off the festivities with a discussion about his work and a screening of his classic film, A Private Function.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker