Man appears in court charged with making indecent images of children
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A man accused of making hundreds of indecent images of children will appear at Norwich Crown Court next month.
Alexander Claxton, 40, of Chapel Road, Roughton, has been charged with two offences of making indecent photographs of a child between March 15 and March 16 this year.
He has also been charged with possessing an extreme pornographic image on the same dates.
Claxton appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court on Friday where he entered not guilty pleas to the offences.
But because of the number of images involved, a total of more than 140 at category A, the most serious, and almost 190 at Category B, the next level down, the court declined jurisdiction in the matters.
You may also want to watch:
The case was sent up to Norwich Crown Court with the next appearance due on August 10.
Claxton, who spoke only to confirm his details and enter his pleas, was granted unconditional bail.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success