Aldi store closes early due to technical fault
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An Aldi supermarket in Suffolk was forced to close early due to a till problem.
The Lowestoft store on Millennium Way shut up shop tonight at around 6.05pm after a problem with the tills stopped them being able to trade.
Kirsty Leeder, who was shopping in the supermarket when it closed, said: 'We popped in to get a few bits and were told the tills were down and they were trying to get them fixed.
'I took my kids back to the car as they were getting bored and my husband waited.
'He eventually came out and said the staff had told everyone they had to close the store as there was nothing they could do.'
You may also want to watch:
'All the staff were brilliant and very apologetic, one member was standing outside in the rain to let customers know the situation before they entered.'
Aldi have been approached for comment.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available