Aldi store closes early due to technical fault
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
An Aldi supermarket in Suffolk was forced to close early due to a till problem.
The Lowestoft store on Millennium Way shut up shop tonight at around 6.05pm after a problem with the tills stopped them being able to trade.
Kirsty Leeder, who was shopping in the supermarket when it closed, said: 'We popped in to get a few bits and were told the tills were down and they were trying to get them fixed.
'I took my kids back to the car as they were getting bored and my husband waited.
'He eventually came out and said the staff had told everyone they had to close the store as there was nothing they could do.'
You may also want to watch:
'All the staff were brilliant and very apologetic, one member was standing outside in the rain to let customers know the situation before they entered.'
Aldi have been approached for comment.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital