Teenage attackers bring traffic to a halt in attempted robbery near Aldi
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A group of teenagers brought traffic screeching to a halt near a supermarket as they attempted to rob a cyclist, prompting a police appeal.
At around 7.15pm on Friday, October 4, a group of four or five teenagers on bikes followed a male cyclist along Plumstead Road East in Heartsease, close to the Aldi supermarket.
The teens demanded the man, who is in his 50s, hand over his bicycle to them, but he ignored them, cycling off towards the Heartsease roundabout.
The teenagers, however, made pursuit, blocking his path and bringing traffic to a stop on the roundabout.
The man was eventually able to shake off the group and cycle home without injury.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Constabulary has now appealed for any witnesses to the attempted robbery to come forward and are particularly keen to hear from anybody who may have dash cam footage of the incident or can recall cyclists blocking the road at any point in the evening.
Anybody who is able to assist police enquiries should do so by contacting Norwich North on 101 and quote the reference 36/69985/19.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy