Aldi and Lidl to close stores early if England make World Cup final
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
You might have heard by now, but word has it that football's coming home.
And national superstores have thrown their support behind the England Football Team by pledging to close all of its stores in England early, if the team reach the World Cup finals.
Aldi and Lidl stores across the country will be shutting on 3pm on July 15 if England make it to the final.
Giles Hurley, CEO Aldi Uk and Ireland, said: 'Everybody is getting behind the England team out in Russia, including our customers and colleagues.
'With the final scheduled to kick off at 4pm on the Sunday afternoon, we want to make sure that, if England make it that far, our team have time to finish work and get home to watch the match, just like everyone else.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hurley continued: 'We're all really looking forward to cheering on Harry Kane and the boys.'
The Lidl UK Twitter account tweeted: 'As the *official* supermarket of the England Football team, let's make *this* announcement official... *when* our boys make it to the final this Sunday, it will be early doors across our English stores. #3pmClosing#ItsComingHome.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
The World Cup Final is scheduled to kick off at 4pm on Sunday, July 15. The Wimbledon Men's Singles Final is also scheduled for the same afternoon.