Aldi and Lidl to close stores early if England make World Cup final
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
You might have heard by now, but word has it that football's coming home.
And national superstores have thrown their support behind the England Football Team by pledging to close all of its stores in England early, if the team reach the World Cup finals.
Aldi and Lidl stores across the country will be shutting on 3pm on July 15 if England make it to the final.
Giles Hurley, CEO Aldi Uk and Ireland, said: 'Everybody is getting behind the England team out in Russia, including our customers and colleagues.
'With the final scheduled to kick off at 4pm on the Sunday afternoon, we want to make sure that, if England make it that far, our team have time to finish work and get home to watch the match, just like everyone else.'
Mr Hurley continued: 'We're all really looking forward to cheering on Harry Kane and the boys.'
The Lidl UK Twitter account tweeted: 'As the *official* supermarket of the England Football team, let's make *this* announcement official... *when* our boys make it to the final this Sunday, it will be early doors across our English stores. #3pmClosing#ItsComingHome.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 4 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 5 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 6 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 7 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 10 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
The World Cup Final is scheduled to kick off at 4pm on Sunday, July 15. The Wimbledon Men's Singles Final is also scheduled for the same afternoon.