Aldeburgh Boxing Day swim cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
The Aldeburgh Boxing Day swim has been cancelled following forecasts of strong north-easterly winds.
This was announced by a post to the Aldeburgh Boxing Day Swim Facebook page.
Jasmine Backhouse, page admin, posted: "The organisers have sadly had to make the decision to cancel the Aldeburgh Boxing Day Swim.
"The forecast is now for a strong north easterly wind, which will set in on Christmas Day.
"By 11.00 hrs on Boxing Day, the conditions will be too dangerous even for experienced swimmers.
"Fingers crossed for next year.
"We wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a safe and Happy New year."
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 6 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 7 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 10 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
One comment responded: "Such a pity, but totally understandable. I even went in today at Southwold to practise."