Airbase ceremony changes for traffic
- Credit: Archant
A US airbase is making changes to its daily retreat ceremony.
RAF Lakenheath currently holds the ceremony – which sees the playing of the UK and US national anthems and occasional lowering of flags – at 4.30pm.
The base will now be holding the ceremony from 5.30pm.
The change comes on the heels of two recent traffic studies and it is hoped that moving the retreat time to 5.30pm will ease traffic congestion.
There will be no other change to base staffing rotas or duties.
You may also want to watch:
RAFs Alconbury, Feltwell and Mildenhall will not be affected by the changes.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR