Air cadet uses muscle power to win gold at discus
- Credit: Archant
An air cadet is celebrating sporting success by using muscle power to gain a gold medal.
Cadet Jacob Hanton from 221 (Great Yarmouth) Squadron Air Cadets won gold in discus at the Air Cadet Corp Athletics Championships.
This rounded off the end of his successful season competing for the Great Yarmouth Squadron, Norfolk and Suffolk Wing and also the Central and Eastern Region air cadets.
His squadron leaders congratulated him for becoming the Corps Champion by throwing further than any other air cadet in the country.
The squadron is always open to recruiting more cadets, parading on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 7pm until 9.30pm in the cadets' building on Suffolk Road, Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
If anyone would like more details they can contact Flight Lieutenant Tracie Cameron AFAC by emailing email@example.com
The air cadets are a UK-wide cadet force with more than 40,000 members aged between 12 and 20 years. They are sponsored by the RAF.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home