‘Very unwell’ woman flown to hospital after becoming ill on beach
- Credit: Archant
A woman had to be flown to hospital after becoming unwell on a Norfolk beach.
The HM Coastguard team at Bacton was paged at 2.03pm on Sunday, June 30 to reports of a woman "feeling very unwell" on Happisburgh beach.
A spokesperson for the coastguard team said: "On arrival the team gave first aid while awaiting for an ambulance.
"Once paramedics were on scene it was decided due to the condition of the lady it would be best to transfer her by air.
"The team made the beach safe and cleared an area to land the helicopter.
You may also want to watch:
"Many thanks to the East of England Ambulance Service and East Anglian Air Ambulance."
The woman was carried across the beach to the air ambulance by the team and transferred to hospital.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed