Air ambulance called after car and van crash on A140 near Long Stratton
- Credit: Archant
The air ambulance was this morning called to the scene of a crash involving a car and a van on the A140 north of Long Stratton.
A man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (N&N) with a suspected fractured shoulder, and two further patients were assessed at the scene for minor injuries.
It is understood that the van had come to rest in a ditch after the crash,
A spokesman said the air ambulance, a land ambulance and an ambulance officer were sent to the scene afer a call at 10.17am.
A second land ambulance was cancelled as it was not required.
The fire service was also called to the incident, at the crossroads with the B1527 near Hempnall, at around 10.20am today, a spokesman said.
Two appliances were sent, from Earlham and Long Stratton, and it is understood that one person was trapped in the van and required help to be released.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 3 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 4 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 7 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 8 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 9 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 10 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
The road was blocked for around an hour, and police re-opened it at 11.23am.